“Now I ain’t sayin’ she a goal digger.”
How can you crush your goals if you never know what those goals are?
I’ve made reference here that I wanted to make myself more accountable. With April knocking on the door, I’ve been working hard at hitting goals, but haven’t been consistent in the efforts.
Out of my friends, we’d say that I’m the more “mature” one, or the girl who seems to have a good grasp on her life. Sometimes, even the most on-top-of-her-shit girls need a swift kick in the ass. I’m definitely no exception.
I decided to start a new segment on this site called “Goal Digger”. This will be where I list all the goals I want to crush for the month. It’s kind of similar to the resolution post, but this puts things into a short-term timeframe.
Since I’m finally on a steady routine, I figured springtime is the perfect time to start digging up what goals I really want to accomplish that will help me achieve my resolutions.
Here’s a list of my goals for April:
- Read two books: I’ve set up a goal to read 20 books this calendar year and so far, I’m not at the pace I expected to be. Follow me on Goodreads to keep me more accountable and see what’s on my shelves. I’ve got two choices picked out for the month: Check them here and here!
- Clean out and prepare my closet for springtime: I don’t know about you, but I am beyond ready to weed out my closet and pull out my spring/summer clothing! I love to clean out what does and doesn’t fit, figure out which staples to add to my wardrobe and sell back my clothes for some extra cash. Plus I’ll even show you how I sort out my closet in an upcoming post!
- Deep clean my bedroom for spring: They don’t call it spring cleaning for nothing! I love springtime because I love getting a fresh start. I’ll share with you my fool-proof way to deep clean rooms and step in the right foot. Everything from sweeping to washing pillows. No surface doesn’t go untouched!
- Post 3-4 pieces a week: I’ve recently been dabbling with recording YouTube videos and really love the process I’ve developed. Aside from just posting beauty subscription reviews, I really want this blog to become a lifestyle blog.
- Kickstart second installment of 12-week fitness program: The first 12-week program went surprisingly well, besides me spraining my ankle and being shelved for a week! Since starting, I’ve noticed a major change in my attitude, my clothes fit better and I’m starting to fall in love with the process. Even though my 12-week program will interfere with my upcoming trip to Disney World, I still want to get into a routine and see more results.