As a kid, there was no better time than the beginning of the new school year! I loved stocking up on all my school supplies, making sure that I had the sharpest pencils and the neatest agendas. I always was voted the most organized in class because I would keep my things so neat and tidy and even still, a lot of my friends tease me for being so Type A.
In fact, stationary and office supplies are usually the things I blow my money foolishly on now. Seriously, someone should keep an eye on me at the office section at Marshall’s!
But as I’ve gotten older, I realize that we, as adults, don’t really get the luxury of being able to start anew and create a new image for ourselves. I don’t think that’s fair and I want to change that! Who says that resolutions have to come only at the beginning of the year?
Last month, I wanted to devote a lot of self-love into my daily routine. Often times, I felt myself struggling with checking off the simplest things on my to-do list. Going to the gym was starting to become a real drag and I binge ate. A lot. I felt myself losing the battle of self-love and even though I spent a lot of time to myself, I still felt as if I was constantly belittling my thoughts and putting myself down.
This month I’ll be headed to Pittsburgh with my mom and a family friend (the first vacation I haven’t taken with Ryan in the roughly 2.5 years we’ve been together!) and I’m really excited to get back in tune with my creative side with this blog with some new content, which I’ll be sure to talk about on the blog.
Here are the goals I want to crush this September:
- Continue weight loss journey: August became a very testing time for me when it came to my workout regime and my diet. At the beginning of the month, I started out really strong, but fell in a lull right in the middle. Just before heading to Pittsburgh, I decided to blast out the Slimdown Challenge by Spotebi and even though it was one of the most intense splits I’ve done, I lost 1.3 pounds and felt my body being pushed to its limits. Once I’m home and back into a routine, my plan is to continue my weight loss journey with another week of Slimdown and adapting a new split that will work with my upcoming busy schedule. My goal is to lose another 8-10 pounds for the month.
- Continue to meal prep weekly: This kind of coincides with the first goal this month, but since starting to meal prep in August, I’ve noticed that I’m not snacking as much throughout the day and that I’m staying more on track when it comes to my diet. I’ve always loved to cook and finding new recipes has never been easier thanks to Pinterest and Facebook. I may also be posting more recipes on here. Let me know if you’d be interested in seeing some of my faves!
- Declutter belongings: I’ve recently read the Life Changing Magic of Tidying Up and I’ve been chomping at the bit to declutter everything in my life from old documents to clothes to makeup. With the change of season, my plan is to go through my closet and my packed away summer clothes and sell back/donate what fall/winter clothes I can. (I’ve made posts about this in the past, but since reading LCMoTU, I might update my own advice!)
- Save money: I’ve never been good at saving money and one of my resolutions from the beginning of the year was to save up as much as I could. I started to budget daily in August and felt myself become more comfortable with my financial situations. In fact, I actually downloaded the Qapital app to help save more money for the big events I have in the back of my mind (like a possible trip to Minnesota in April.) My goal is to continue to budget daily (which I may do a future post about) and continue to grow an emergency/rainy day fund.
- Read two books: I’m nearly 3/4 of the way done with my reading challenge for 2017 and I’m in the homestretch! Lately, I’ve been picking up some good reads and want to continue doing so. I’ve considered doing book reviews on this site for the ones I really like, but still toying the idea around, so let me know if you’d like to see some!
What are your goals for the month of September? Leave a comment!