⏲ Read Time: 7-10 minutes
Chapter Five: Done, I guess ✅
May was an absolute whirlwind of a month that seemed to get away from me. Notice how I said it didn’t get the better of me, but rather it came and went before I could even blink!
The start of the month was spent visiting my cousin and her fiancé from Minnesota (Congratulations are in order again because I’m just so so SO happy for them!). It was refreshing to rekindle with family members I don’t get to see often and to step back and watch us grandkids grow and start our own families/traditions.
The following weekend, I was involved in a car accident, where I was rear-ended and resulted in over $2,000 of damage to my car. Thankfully, the other person involved and myself weren’t injured and cars can be fixed, but it’s enough to throw a wrench in your plans.
Especially when the following weekend I went to Boston to see Ryan for the first time since the wedding in New Hampshire for a low-key weekend seeing his family and spending quality time. The next weekend was Memorial Day Weekend, where he came up to visit and spend time with my family on the long holiday.
May was definitely a month that grounded and humbled me, whether it was being grateful for the outcome of the accident or getting back in touch with my family, which is a strong root of my life. Even though I didn’t accomplish a lot of last month’s goals, I still felt that each day was fully utilized to its maximum potential and that I grew as a person, which is the ultimate point of these Goal Diggers.
The hustle won’t stop any time soon, especially with our upcoming trip to Europe just 24 days away! But there’s still some things that need to be done before we can go play abroad! ✈🌎
Here are my goals I want to crush this June:
- Lose 3-5 pounds: May wasn’t my greatest month when it came to my fitness journey, but the time away from the gym made me appreciate all the hard work I’ve put in thus far. My confidence is rebooted and I’m ready for Crunch Time Part II! There’s a further breakdown of my goals on my June Workout Split , but the biggest goal is to continue to lose weight towards the year-end goal. I’m roughly 15.9 pounds away from my small goal of 30 total pounds lost and I hope to break past my plateau.
- “Read” 3 books: With our trip coming up, I foresee myself spending a lot of time on Greyhound buses/flights which is the perfect excuse to crack open a book or two! Since I don’t want to lug around physical books in my already jam-packed luggage, I plan on rekindling with Audible and purchase some ebooks before we board so I can listen to them on the plane. But before we go, I plan on reading Us Before You by Fredrik Backman because I won a copy giveaway through Good Reads and I’ve been anticipating this book since I finished Beartown! I also plan on reading Fitness Junkie by Lucy Sykes & Jo Piazza and Adjustment Day by Chuck Palahniuk (which I am SO EXCITED for!)
- Save up to $250 in piggy bank: I didn’t quite hit the $200 goal for May, but with a lot of the extra cash I stow away was spent on trips, it was justifiable. I’m $66.71 away from this goal now, but with the weeks leading up to the trip, I don’t anticipate spending money foolishly and can stow away that extra spending money per paycheck while still being able to balance the extra money needed for hair appointments/nails/etc.
- Continue practicing piano three times/week: I finally broke down and bought my keyboard and have been practicing at least 2-3 times a week! I still have a long way to go before I can perform some of the classics, but it’s been fun to set the timer for 45 minutes and teach myself something new nightly. I’m hoping by the end of the month to have memorized one song and be able to play it on command.
- Document Europe trip: It’s crazy to think that our trip is just around the corner after spending months talking about it! We’re in the homestretch and now it’s time to go explore and document our journey. I filmed a Travel With Me when we went to Disney World and it’s still something Ryan and I watch/talk about. I really want to vlog our trip so we can show all our friends and family our adventures when we get back, plus it’ll be something to cure my wanderlust when I get complacent!
What are your goals this month? Let me know in a comment!