⏲ Read time: 3-5 minutes
*Cue Daughtry’s September in the background* (Did this song make anyone else an emotional mess as an angsty teenager, or was that just me?)
Ah, September: The kick-off to the best time of the year. The air gets crisper, the leaves get crunchier and the pumpkin spice is a-flowin’. I live my best life in September and I am SO READY to ditch summer and pull out my oversized sweaters and booties.
August wasn’t an awful month, but it also wasn’t a great month by a lot of standards. I felt myself get irritated with my fitness journey, there wasn’t a lot of events/activities going on, which left me feeling anxious and cranky (for whatever reason) and overall, I just felt stuck. I need a breakthrough and I hope with the change of seasons, I’ll have a creative reawakening.
Here are the goals I want to crush this month:
- Lose 3-5 pounds: I made it pretty apparent in my September Workout Split that I am not a happy camper with myself and my (lack of) success I’ve been seeing lately. I need a boost of motivation and I need it, stat. For the first week of the month, I’m going to try hitting the gym in the morning to see if it changes my productivity levels and if it works, I’ll continue it for the month. But the goal hasn’t changed from the beginning and I’m trying to take it into bite-size pieces. I’m not going to ‘punish myself’ for falling short, but I’m definitely going to be a lot more disciplined/harder on myself for when I do slack.
- Read 3 books: I recently hit a snooze-fest on the To-Read List and felt like the last book I read in August was a literal bore. Even though I’m two books ahead of schedule on my Reading Challenge, I’d like to continue the pace and maybe excel past the yearly goal! Up next for September is The Thousandth Floor by Katharine McGee; A Gentleman in Moscow by Amor Towles; and The Child by Fiona Barton. (BTW: I’m always on the market for new recommendations for mystery/scary stories and am down for some suggestions!)
- Continue practicing Czech daily: Want to know who has a 47-day streak on Duolingo? This gal! Czech has been one of the most fun languages I’ve tried to teach myself and I find myself practicing daily, even beyond the 10 minutes I set aside for the app. I want to continue the streak through every day in September.
- Save up to $200 for GBNY fund: I recently was approved for the Chase Sapphire Preferred credit card (aka a traveler’s BFF) and I now feel more assured about any unforeseen expenses pop up. I’m still planning for some extra spending cash while down for Gen Beauty in October, so I’m continuing to stow away $20 per paycheck and whatever loose change is in my wallet. Currently, I am $72.20 away from my goal.
- Get spooky: It’s about to be the best time of the year: fall! I have always been an avid lover of the chill in the air, the falling leaves and the colors of the season, ever since I was little and we would throw insane Halloween parties at our old house. For the past few years, I’ve always had to work stupid hours and could never enjoy the season fully. Since leaving that job, I have ample time to get spooky and I’m fully embracing it with trips to the local orchards, all the cider donuts and pumpkin spice coffee, and all of the scab-blood from the halloween store! I have some visions rolling around in my head for some fun SFX posts on this site and I cannot wait to dabble.
What are your goals this month? Let me know in a comment!