⏲ Read time: 3-5 minutes
It seems as if September came and went in a blink of an eye, although in the same breathe, it felt as if I zombie’d my way through the month. (Fitting). With an overhauled schedule, I’ve been trying to do the most and get all of the things for this website, my fitness journey and myself prepped and geared for the holiday season.
In September, I was able to make one of my bucket list items come to fruition, as I was able to see the Stanley Cup in person! If you follow the NHL, then you’ll know that Clinton, NY was named the winner of Kraft’s Hockeyville this season, where the Clinton Arena will received (much needed) upgrades. A friend and myself waited in line to see the most iconic trophy in all of sports and it was a lot of fun catching up with her and crossing off a lifetime goal.
Unlike September, October will be jammed pack with a bunch of fun things on the itinerary. First off, we have Gen Beauty in New York City, an event I am beyond words excited for. And since it’s OFFICIALLY #SpookyTimeSzn, it’s time to dive into some thrills and chills and shrills and watch all the scary movies, play with all the scab blood and embrace the fall season for all it is.
I don’t want to lose touch with the success I’ve had this year, so I’ll be doing my very best to stay consistent with my goals. Expect a Resolution Tune-Up soon, as well as more updates throughout my site. I’ve been toying with some ideas, so be sure to give me a follow on my social media profiles to keep in touch!
Here are the goals I want to crush this October:
- Lose 3-5 pounds and complete Transphormation 30-Day Challenge: As mentioned in my October Workout Split, I signed up for the Transphormation Challenge 30-Day Training Program. I know a handful of people who have been super duper successful with this program and I’m willing to give it a fair shot, since my results have been rather stagnant for the past few months. The goal is to complete the Challenge as it is (including the meal plan!), while hoping to lose at least 3-5 pounds and some inches.
- Read 4 books: Since #SpookyTime is right around the corner, I think it’s time we start diving into some more thrillers/mysteries! I’m one book ahead of schedule and at the pace I’m going at, I plan on being finished with the Reading Challenge by the end of November! On deck for this month is: Bonfire by Krysten Ritter; Hidden Bodies by Caroline Kepnes (Btw: I read the first part of this series here); The Last Mrs. Parrish by Liv Constantine; and Behind Closed Doors by B.A. Paris
- Keep saving money: Time for a humble brag: In the month of September, I paid off FOUR credit cards!!! Now, I’m left with my high-interest rated credit cards to chip away at and currently, I feel as if I have a great handle on my financial situation. Though they might be high in interest rates, the intention is to keep using those cards because of the sign-on bonus I can receive once I hit the spending limit. I’ve been making headway on saving money for our upcoming ventures and the plan is to keep stowing away money, not only for those trips, but also for a newly added savings for the upcoming holiday season.
- Continue to hit Czech goal daily: I’m currently on a 74-day streak on my Duolingo app and although I keep reiterating how much fun learning Czech has been, I can’t help it! I’ve finally found a language I’ve enjoyed learning and I love setting aside those 15 minutes a day to learn a new skill. My plan is to continue hitting the daily goal for each day in October.
- Get creative at Gen Beauty: For the past two+ years, I have always suffered from serious FOMO because I would have to miss Gen Beauty due to my old job. NOT THIS YEAR! It’s almost here and I’m so excited to go and get inspired, learn a thing or two from all of the Ipsy Creators, as well as seeing a girlfriend I haven’t seen in forever. I’m amped for my weekend away in New York, especially for some extra filming practice for my travel series!
- Get spooky!: I didn’t just spend $35 at Spirit Halloween for nothing! I’ve been doing my homework (by watching a LOT of Glam&Gore videos) and have become inspired to play with SFX makeup and start dabbling in some more tutorials. Plus, with fall being my all-time favorite season, I want to carve some pumpkins, eat some candy (in healthy moderation, duh) and watch all the scary movies my little heart can take!
What are your goals this month? Let me know in a comment!